We sat down with one of our of our newest team members, Jacy Bailey, to learn about some of the trends we can expect in 2019.
Whether you’re looking to completely remodel, or simply incorporate a few trends into your kitchen, McCabinet has the experience and design expertise to make your vision a reality.
- What are the biggest trends in cabinetry for 2019?
- In 2019, I think we’ll continue to see more and more mixing of colors and textures in the kitchen. For example, painted cabinets surrounding a beautiful, rich, wood island. We are also seeing people putting in microwave base cabinets versus the traditional over-range microwave. This allows for a decorative hood and more elaborate backsplash.
- What are you hoping to see more of in 2019?
- I am hopeful that we’ll continue to see more and more people bringing wood elements in to their kitchen. I love the look of natural hardwoods, and incorporating a wood hood, island or butcher block countertops brings in such warmth.
- What is your favorite trend looking in to next year?
- As much as I love white, and appreciate its timelessness, I am so excited to play with darker, moodier colors and stains. Darker paints and stains are really on-trend for 2019!
- Are there any safe bets that will always be in style?
- You really can’t go wrong with clean and simple designs and details. Really pay attention to creating a functional space; as long as the design is efficient, it will stand the test of time.
- How do I incorporate more than one trend simultaneously?
- Try to create a few features that are special to you. Your kitchen designer is a pro, so you can really depend on them to bring your vision to life and make everything work. The key is to work on selecting items that complement each other. For example, select drawer pulls that accent the cabinet style.
- How do I incorporate some trendy items with my current style/decor?
- You can easily update drawer pulls and cabinet hardware. This is a really simple, easy way to bring in trendier updates without having to re-do your entire kitchen. You can also incorporate a new color by painting an accent wall. If you have a little more time and energy, look at replacing lighting or even your backsplash. While a little bit more of an investment, these things have a huge impact!
Schedule an appointment to speak with a designer today about your design goals in 2019!